Aug 6, 2009

Simple, Savory Brussels Sprouts

This is a divinely-simple recipe that ensures flavorful, perfectly-cooked sprouts each and every time. Brussels sprouts make a great accompaniment to a variety of main dishes. I love them served with chicken. Not too familiar with these petite little orbs? It's time to add a new vegetable to your arsenal.


Ingredients
Serves two
20 small Brussels Sprouts, rinsed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper

Directions
Clean Brussels sprouts by slicing off small portion of ends and removing any discolored leaves .
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil . Add sprouts and boil for 8 minutes . Remove, drain and set aside . In a saute pan, heat oil and butter (medium temperature) . Add walnuts and cook 1 minute . Reduce heat . Add Brussels sprouts and toss to coat with butter, oil and walnuts . Cook 2-3 minutes . Season with salt and pepper . Serve

2 comments:

  1. I've only had these bad boys a few times and they haven't done much for me. But I absolutely LOVE veggies so what's the deal??

    I'm going to try them again. Perhaps your recipe will make me a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, I also add a clove of garlic to mine from time to time, which I didn't mention above. That really kicks up the flavor! I had actually NEVER tried Brussels sprouts until this recipe! I was scared! :)

    ReplyDelete