Jan 25, 2011

Tangy Guacamole

Lately, I've been wrestling with finding a satisfying guacamole recipe. And at times I've felt like I was wrestling in it (because it can be messy, get it?).

Both my husband and I really like a basic, tangy guacamole. Not too complex, not too spicy. After some experiementation, I think I've got it. Enjoy.

Simple . Chic. Savory Tangy Guacamole

Ingredients
Four ripe avocados (taken out of skin, pit removed)
1 medium shallot, finely minced
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
Juice of one lemon
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Salt (to taste, I added about 1/2 to 1 tsp)
Pepper (to taste)

In a large bowl, add all ingredients. Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency. (I like mine fairly smooth) . Enjoy with tortillas, on top of burgers or with a spoon (yes, it's that good!). Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment