Jun 28, 2011

Homemade Calzones















There really isn't a recipe attached to this dish, I just made it up as I went. And it was delicious.

I started with a bag of dry pizza dough mix, which made two calzones. Next, I rolled out the dough (preparing it according to the package) into two large ovals. Toward the end of the oval, but not too close to the edge, as you'll want to allow room to close the calzone, begin adding fillings. I used pizza sauce, mozzarella, browned ground turkey, Italian seasoning and garlic, onions and red peppers which I had lightly sauteed first. Fold one end of the dough over the other (the end with the filling) and close by crimping the edges with a fork. Finally, I sprayed the outside with olive oil and baked at 400 degrees until lightly golden. I also misted my calzones with more olive oil about half-way through the cooking process.

These calzones were delicious, simple and can be made with any combination of ingredients. Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment