Mar 26, 2012

Perfect Waffles

The first time I made waffles in our waffle iron it was a huge failure. We blamed the waffle iron, naturally.

Then, while flipping through my old stand-by Betty Crocker cookbook, I came across this recipe and it changed my waffle-making life.

Enjoy.



Betty Crocker Waffles

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup of melted margarine or butter, or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1-3/4 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Directions

Beat eggs. Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine until smooth. Pour batter into heated waffle iron. Bake according to manufacturer directions or until steam stops, about 5 minutes.

Makes fifteen 4-inch waffles.

MY TIPS:

  • I grease my waffle iron a bit with a silicon pastry brush and some oil before making each batch.
  • I leave the waffles in EXACTLY five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment