Jul 28, 2009

Creamy Cucumber Salad

This year my husband and I planted our first garden. This recipe is a result of an overabundance of cucumbers from said garden. When I created this recipe I was looking for something simple, pretty and light, as well as something that would showcase the cool, crisp flavor of the vegetable. Creamy Cucumber Salad looks beautiful displayed on a bold platter, garnished with a little fresh dill.

Ingredients
2 large cucumbers, sliced (any variety, but I used English)
1/2 cup fat free or light sour cream
1/2 cup light salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip)
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tsp. dried dill
1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Combine sour cream, salad dressing, vinegar, dill, all-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl, mixing until smooth . Add liquid mixture to sliced cucumbers . Toss well . Serve chilled

No comments:

Post a Comment